MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio2 » Suggestions / Feedback

Post subject: A couple feature requests
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:12 am 

I just upgraded to MuvAudio2 last night. Overall, I like the UI changes. It looks cleaner and less confusing.

I primarily use MuvAudio to reencode audio books so that I can listen to them on my player. It doesn't have bookmark support, so I chunk them into 3 minute pieces. I have a couple feature requests that would make things a little easier for me.

1) Provide some way to display the source encoding info. I could get this in the previous version of MuvAudio by playing the audio. I don't see a way to do it in the new version. This feature wouldn't be as important to me if I could have the next one.

2) Provide a way to quickly match the output format/encoding options to the source input. If the source file is WMA 32 kbps, I don't really want to encode it at WMA 192 kbps. In this case, the idea is to make it as small as possible without sacrificing (too much) quality. It would also be cool if it somehow knew the equivalent quality settings between formats. For example, if I go from 128 kbps MP3 to OGG, what settings should I use? I suspect this is a harder problem because each format has its own quirks and trade-offs.

3) Expanded ouput directory/filename specification. I'd really like to specify something like "Artist\Album\Original Filename\Part" where Part is the number the file was divided into (I do mine in 3 minute chunks, so there's a lot of them). Better yet, regular expressions would be cool as an advanced option because sometimes I just want to use part of the original filename.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:41 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the suggestions.

I really like the idea of auto encoding bitrate changes between different files, though it would be very hard to pull off, and no matter how you do it, someone is gonna complain that what you think the equivalent MP3 bitrate of a WMA file is, is not what they think it should be. I guess we could put it in the manual to show what bitrates would be used.

The split function currently adds "###" to the end of each file to show the piece number, but an added ability to enter this would be nice. We'll see what we can come up with.

We hope you enjoy the new version,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:19 pm 

The '###" that it uses for split files is great. I'd like the ability to use that as the complete filename to keep the name really short. Then I want the ability to put them in a directory of the same name as the original file or, possibly, part of the original filename. As an example, I have a book called Pawn of Prophecy. An example filename is "Pawn of Prophecy - Part 1.wma". I'd like to split it out so that the converted files become "Pawn of Prophecy\Part 1\001.wma", "Pawn of Prophecy\Part 1\002.wma", etc. My current solution is to convert the files and then use a batch renaming utility. It's not a big deal but is a step I'd love to cut out.

Anyway, thanks for the great software. I love the fact that you keep improving it.

Board index » MuvAudio2 » Suggestions / Feedback