MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio2 » Suggestions / Feedback

Post subject: Watch Folder / Search Method
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:51 am 

Hi,

MuvAudio (2/1.7) are the in the top 10 of all programs I use. Thank you very much for creating this fine work. :D

I had a system crash, and had to reload all my backups and programs on to a new disk. While I was doing this, I created new libraries to store my digital music for easier access, etc.

Library Structures:
..\MP3 Music Library (~ 10K songs Artist\Album\Artist - Title.MP3)
..\WMA Music Library (~5K songs Artist\Album\Trk# - Artist - Title.WMA)

Now, I wish to run MuvAudio2 in Watch Folder mode, watching source folder ..\WMA Music Library, output to ..\MP3 Music Library. I do not need to convert the existing WMA Music Library folder, but convert any new files that are placed there.

If there could be a timestamp to convert only those file with creation/modification date after a certain time, it would be ideal. I now use Windows Explorer to search for new/modified files after a certain time, and then place those manually into the MuvAudio2 playlist. Unfortunately, it appears I can not set up Watch Folders today without reconverting all files in the ..\WMA Music Library folder.

Possible flow would include setting a manually setting the date/time, search for and convert any files created/modified after that date, set updated serch date/time for next scheduled watch (prefer every hour or user defined).

Thank you very much!
Peter

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:47 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the kind words. We'll look into the possibility of adding this feature.

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

We've released a beta version of MuvAudio2 which can be downloaded from http://www.muvenum.com/downloads that adds a feature that is not exactly what you asked for but should be able to be used along the same lines.

We've added the ability to skip conversion, overwrites existing file, or create unique file if MuvAudio2 detects that a file already exists that matches the output of a file in your to record playlist.

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Board index » MuvAudio2 » Suggestions / Feedback