MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio2 » Suggestions / Feedback

Post subject: Eliminate Exact Duplicate Recordings
 Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:11 am 

Many times, while recording multiple albums from any one artist, they often have the identical recording on ore than 1 album. For example, I have a large jazz collection. If I want to record all albums by John Coltrane, that might be about 70 albums. Many songs appear on many different albums so you might get 10 of the identical song.

Sometimes, there are different versions of the same song which is okay but to eliminate recording the exact same song, you would need to add one or two more fields to the recording filter.

I suggest you add size and/or diration so that you will not get duplicates of any track that is either the exact same file size or the exact same track length.

as it is, sorting through all of the duplicates even with the ~# format is a major waste of time and a huge hassle.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:18 am 
Site Admin

Are you referring to adding the size and/or duration as an option that can be added to the filename? That would work as we would use the info from the original. That is required because the output files size and/or duration may vary (in milliseconds/bytes) and wouldn't be a reliable indicator.

Thank you,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Board index » MuvAudio2 » Suggestions / Feedback