MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio2 » Support

Post subject: Ventilo and Virtual Cable Mixers
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:56 pm 

After installing Muvaudio 2, I can no longer use Ventrilo. When I log onto Ventrilo, I can hear others talk, but they cannot hear me speak. When I go into the Ventrilo setup screen, I get the following message:

"System reported that there are more than 32 mixers."

Then when I look at the list of input devices, I see that I have my sound card's native devices (I have a Creative SB X-Fi card) plus 20 separate entries for Virtual Cable: Line 1 Muvenum Virtual Cable - Line 10 Muvenum Virtual Cable; and Mic 1 Muvenum Virtual Cable - Mic 10 Muvenum Virtual Cable . . . that is, 10 virtual cable lines, and 10 virtual cable mics. These match what I see when I log into the Control Panel Sound app and look under the recording Tab.

(For reference information, I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, with a Creative SB X-Fi Platinum sound card.)

Clearly the number of entries posted by virtual cable is flooding my system. This is particularly troublesome, because I only use 6-7 of the virtual cable slots for conversion purposes: the rest are excess. Do I really need 20 entries for virtual cable?

I see an earlier entry on this forum that went without an answer (from this past June). Please advise how to correct this problem. Thank you,

Alex Scherr

Post subject: Re: Ventilo and Virtual Cable Mixers
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:43 pm 
Site Admin

I've been using Ventrilo for quite some time with this setup. When clicking "Setup" for Vent, you will get the "System reported that there are more then 32 mixers" message. Click "OK" then you will see the "Setup" screen.

On this screen, set "Output device" to "Default DirectSound Device" or your actual soundcard, making sure that "Use Direct Sound" is checked.

For "Input device", set it to your input device (mine is "Microphone (High Definition Audio Device)" instead of "Default DirectSound Device", and make sure that "Use Direct Sound" is checked.

Close the software and re-open. Also verify that under your "Recording Devices" in Windows, that you go into the properties of your Microphone and make sure on the "Levels" tab that you do not have it muted.

This is my setup and it works great. I hope it helps you solve your issue.

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Board index » MuvAudio2 » Support