MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio2 » Support

Post subject: error message-"file skipped due to missing media usage
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:36 pm 

I get this message when using files jukebox. This is the first time and had not had a problem before. I've updated my player since this issue and licenses in media player and still it does the same error. The songs play fine in jukebox.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

Can you play the files directly in Windows Media Player? You may need to re-obtain the licenses using your providers application even though it can play them.

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:01 pm 

I had this problem too.. but reaqcuired the rights.. now I am having problems seeing any of their music after getting the notorious yahoo drm protected content.. I will be mad if the somehow banned me due to this message... No content reccomendations.. can't browse their catalog.. zip.. I hope it is a server problem on their end. This was after their stupid new update.. and after I redid all the settings to my liking.. still got to reaqcuire the licenses and still got the drm scheme notice..
I think yahoo may be trying new drm or instant notification of such messages..

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:41 pm 

I updated both to media player 11 and jukebox(aug 7th update i believe). My message error is still coming up.I even changed settings from 192kbps mp3 to 192kbpswma. Still same as before.

Jukebox downloads the songs for me to play in its player. no problem there, Hopefully Acts, it's just some mis-communication.

I can play jukebox songs that are downloaded to that player and can play them on Media Player 11.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:57 pm 
Site Admin

Since you updated Jukebox, the Audio DSP was probably re-added and checked which is giving you the error. Here is what you need to do to resolve the issue:

This is caused by an issue with Windows Media Player 11 on Windows Vista when using unsigned Audio DSP or Other DSP plugins. To fix the issue, you will need to disable all Audio DSP and Other DSP Plugins currently enabled in Windows Media Player before converting any files with MuvAudio2 and make sure you are running at least MuvAudio v2.8.0.0. Please follow these steps to fix this issue:

Open Windows Media Player.
Hit the Alt key on your keyboard to bring up the old-style menu.
Click on Tools.
Click on Plug-ins.
Click on Options.
Under the Category heading, click on Audio DSP.
Under the Audio DSP: heading, make sure all plugins are not checked. If they are currently checked, please uncheck them. Example plugins to uncheck: "Y! DFX DMO Plugin", "DFX DMO Plugin", "DFX Plugin", "SRS WOW Plugin".
Click Apply.
Next, under the Category heading, click on Other DSP.
Under the Other DSP: heading, make sure all plugins are not checked. If they are currently checked, please uncheck them. Example plugins to uncheck: "Y! DFX DMO Plugin", "DFX DMO Plugin", "DFX Plugin", "SRS WOW Plugin".
Click Apply.
Click OK.
Close Windows Media Player.
Restart your computer.
You should no longer get the message to restart your computer unless you install a plugin that is not signed. If this happens, just follow these steps again to resolve the problem.

Thank you,

Post subject: File Rights Missing
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:53 pm 

I have this issue on Vista, but do not have any plug-ins under WMP 11. I do have Zune, is there any issues with this ?

I was able to do it to some files but it has stopped converting any since the first time I tried.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: File Rights Missing
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:33 am 

I am receiving the same error - I've taken the steps as outlined above, and no other plug-ins seem to exist, yet the error continues. Is there another solution that can be offered? TIA.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

We have a possible solution to this issue for those that don't have any DSP plugins listed in Windows Media Player. We haven't been able to recreate the issue on our test machines so any feedback on if this works would definitely be appreciated.

This issue only applies to Windows Vista.

The possible solution: Run MuvAudio2 with Administrator Priveleges.

Even if you aren't using a standard account, programs run without administrator priveleges by default.

To setup MuvAudio2 to run as an administrator, please do the following:

Open Windows Explorer.
    Navigate to the location where you installed MuvAudio2 (default is C:\Program Files\MuvAudio2\).
    Right-click on the file MuvAudio2.exe and choose Properties.
    Click on the Compatibility tab.
    On this tab, under Privilege Level, check the box labeled Run this program as an administrator.
    Click OK.
    Back in Windows Explorer in the MuvAudio2 folder, right-click on the file MuvAudio2Console.exe and choose Properties.
    Click on the Compatibility tab.
    On this tab, under Privilege Level, check the box labeled Run this program as an administrator.
    Click OK.

Please update to the latest version of the software. If you are not running the latest version of MuvAudio2, this may require that you re-activate the software because it is running in Administrator Mode.

Now, when you open MuvAudio2, the User Account Control built in to Vista will ask if you want to continue running the application and should only do this on when opening the program and not during any of the recording sessions. If it does, please let us know. If you have UAC disabled, you will not get the prompt to continue and MuvAudio2 should load.

If you have gotten the rrinstaller.exe error already during your current session in Vista, make sure you restart your computer to be able to begin the recording process.

If you try this work-around, your results would be appreciated as a response to this thread.

Thank you,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:53 am 

I appreciate the efforts here - unfortunately this solution has not solved my problem. The error message continues to read:

"File Skipped Due to Missing Media Usage Rights"

I've reqacuired the license from the Yahoo Jukebox and the error message remains - I have not been able to convert any Yahoo music files post-Jukebox-upgrade as the previous poster above. The yahoo audio plug-in is unchecked and there is no plug-in listed under "other" in my windows media player.

Any further advice you can offer will be appreciated. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: error message-"file skipped due to missing media usage
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:37 am 

Have you had any success in resolving this problem? I too have tried all the "fixes" and still get the media usage rights error.
I am running XP and have updated to the latest version of MA2.

Board index » MuvAudio2 » Support