MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Freeware » IE Alias

Post subject: alias fails-possible conflict with google toolbar?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:13 pm 

Hello, I am trying to use IE Alias. I love the concept and the firefox equivalent is the only reason I loaded firefox so I will be doanting if you can help me figure this out. I have successfully created an alias called aaa which contains the 4 following entries: www.msn.com, www.colts.com, www.nascar.com and www.espn.com , and I have saved it and when I go back into setup, everything is there so I believe I have successfully performed this task.

When I type aaa into the url and hit enter, i am taken to www.aaa.com. I have created other aliases such as qwe with the same list of websites and when I type qwe in the toolbar and hit enter, google is consulted and displays the search results.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Post subject: definitely google toolbar is the culprit
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:09 pm 

Google toolbar is the culprit. I uninstalled it and aliases works fine, however is there a tweak I can do to get them to co-exist? I use my google toolbar way more than aliases and if it comes down to the two, as much as I have been searching for a tool like aliases, I would have to dump aliases for google toolbar if they cannot co-exist. :cry:

Board index » Freeware » IE Alias