Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Freeware » Suggestions and Miscellaneous

What do you think?
Good idea 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Bad idea 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Post subject: Add-in Suggestion: History web
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:38 pm 

I've long been bothered by the fact that IE doesn't track the path that got me to a given page. In the history list it just gives every page visited. Also, the forward button only works for the most recent page you visited rather than presenting a list of all pages visited from the current URL.

I've long though both problems could be solved if the history was stored as a web of followed links. Then you could pull up a page that showed how you got to all the pages visited. Sometimes it's easier for me to remember how I got there than to remember what the domain name was.

I think it would make a cool add-in for IE7. Possibly as a new tab like the quick-tab view. Even better if it worked for past history so I could select any day within the last week and see all the paths to all the pages I visited.

I'm envisioning the display looking a bit like a visio flowchart with lines connecting whereever a link was followed. The line could change if it was a direct link click, a "new tab" click or a "new window" click. Bonus points if the display showed current thumnails of the page in the flowchart in addition to the Domain and URL. You could even show how long the tab was opened to that page.

What do you think?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:31 am 
Site Admin

It sounds like a good idea. Any chance you would want to do a mockup of a sample "visio flowchart" depicting what you are imaging? I'll put this in the back of my mind and think it through when time allows. We're going to be working on another project for the next little while, but that should take less than 2 months (my fingers are crossed) and we regular switch back and forth between different projects to keep it fresh.

Since we kind of have a template using the OLCT Quick Tab Style View, it shouldn't be too difficult.

We'll let you know, if and when we start on it. There are no guarantees as life as throws curveballs, but we'll try to get to it someday.

Any chance you are a master at CSS?

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:38 pm 

renzska wrote:
Any chance you are a master at CSS?

I wish that I were. CSSZenGarden is almost indistinguishable from magic for me.

Board index » Freeware » Suggestions and Miscellaneous