MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Suggestions / Feedback [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Add all files in subdirectories when browsing playlist
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:53 pm 
When creating a playlist and using the browse button to select the files, it would be very useful if there was an option to include add all files in the subfolders from the selected one.

-J

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:03 am 
Site Admin

You can actually select the directories that you want and/or files, then drag them off of the browse window onto the "Library" view where the playlist is created. This will add all files/subdirectories of the selected directories to the playlist, similar to what you are requesting, just in a different manner.

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:50 am 
Thanks. That works!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:24 pm 

I discovered this myself last night, that you can drag and drop. However, I ended up CTRL-ALT-DELiting the program as I dragged a directory with nearly 900 files into it! I kinda took a long time for the program to respond after that... :oops:

I'm sure it would have come back eventually but I did not have the time to wait.

Post subject: Limit your songs to 100-120 per iteration of the VAC allocat
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:26 pm 

renzska,
This is kind of similar to a thread regarding the main process loop and selecting all the files at once to divvy up among the active VACs. The suggestion then and still is, that you not try to process all of the available files at once in the VAC allocation loop. Say maybe limit it to 25 or 30 songs max per VAC and let the rest of what remains in the directory to be picked up on the next iteration of the VAC allocation loop. While this will mess up the calculation of when all the songs might finish processing (something you could caclulate separately in another window) it would eliminate this annoying behavior. An issue we discussed in the other thread.

Currently I suggest that users not put more then about 30 songs per VAC in the to be processed directory at once. If you are using 4 vacs, let the first 120 finish before adding into the directory. Until 1.1 comes out this saves you a lot of cleanup work figuring out what wasnt and was processed if your system crashes or some other glitch occurs.

-Doc

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

We will add something like this to the dedicated mode. However, automatic mode will remain the same whereas the number of songs in the playlist will be split into the number of VACs regardless of the number of songs in your playlist.

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Suggestions / Feedback [Archived]