MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Suggestions / Feedback [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Has anyone use Muvaudio with Creative's new X-Fi cards yet?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:16 pm 

I'm going to pick up a XtremeMusic to replace my Augidy mp3+ tomorrow, and was wondering if Muvaudio had any additional issues with the new X-Fi's.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

It has not been tested with the X-FI, but if you would be kind enough to send us your old audigy... :)

It should work fine though. If you have any problems post them here and we will fix post them.

Just make sure of the following:

"The default audio device should in the “sound devices” control panel audio tab should be set to your soundcard (not any of the Virtual Audio Cables).  Try changing this, and checking the box, "Use only default devices", restart your computer, and see if it makes a difference in your recordings."

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:27 am 

I'd like to follow this with what may seem like an odd request: is it possible to add an option to MuvAudio to manually specify the output and recording devices it uses, instead of automatically forcing it through VAC?

For those of us with X-Fi cards, it's actually highly beneficial to route the sound through the main sound card, then record its own output. (Especially if done through the digital out/digital in ports.) Even though there's a digital to analog to digital conversion going on there, the card's crystallizer chip modifies the audio enough to improve its fidelity more than the conversion degrades it. (If this sounds like I've fallen for marketing hype, or I'm utterly clueless, please read up on field tests of the X-Fi cards before flaming me -- their claim to improve compressed music is not a lie, as nearly every reviewer has remarked upon with astonishment.)

While you could not run multiple recordings or accelerated recordings with this kind of a feature enabled, it's something I would gladly trade for the improvement to the music quality brought by the X-Fi postprocessor.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Suggestions / Feedback [Archived]