MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Suggestions / Feedback [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Beta Testers for Final Beta Versions Needed
 Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:54 am 
Site Admin

I am in need of about 10-15 beta testers to help me test the final, few, beta versions of MuvAudio.

There is one gotcha. I need testers that are willing to purchase a $10-$15 program to help test it out, which will be explained in the following paragraphs. You may also sign up to be a beta tester without purchasing the program, but you will be limited to a demo version which after 3 minutes, creates a fuzzy sound in the background. It's up to you on which you decide.

First, let me talk about Virtual Audio Cable, how it works, and why I am requiring it for the beta.

Virtual Audio Cable allows you to create a "virtual soundcard". What this means for the user, is that with MuvAudio, you can get a pure digital/digital copy of whatever you are trying to record.

Before you decide to beta test, you can try out a demo version of Virtual Audio Cable at http://software.muzychenko.net/vac308.zip. More information can be read about it at http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html.

At the end of this post will be instructions on how to set it up for use with MuvAudio. A part of the beta will include the ability to better use this feature without all of the extra steps, if possible.

Background on the price:

Originally, Virtual Audio Cable would cost the user $30 a copy. I have been talking to the developer about inclusion of this product in MuvAudio. Right now, if I purchase 10 or more copies at the same time, the cost for each copy would be between $10 and $15 (not sure the exact cost with tax, if there is any).

The good news about this as I said before, is that you can test a trial version out before you signup to become a beta tester. The limitations of the trial are, only 2 audio cables can be created and after about 3 minutes, a slight buzzing will be noticeable in the background.

If you like the quality and want to help me test the final beta versions of MuvAudio. Email me at admin@muvaudio.com if you are interested. After acceptance, I will email instructions on where to send the money to so that I may purchase the discounted copies and deliver them to the beta testers.

Here are the instructions on how to use VAC with Virtual Audio Cable.

First, send an email to admin@muvaudio.com letting me know you are interested in beta testing and I will send you the latest beta version to test the VAC system.

Install Virtual Audio Cable.
Go to your start menu, then control panel, then double-click on “Sounds and Audio Devices”.
Click on the “Audio” tab at the top.
Change your Default device for both sound playback and sound recording to “Virtual Cable 1 Out” and “Virtual Cable 1 In”, respectively.
Check the box that says "Use only default devices".
Click OK.

Open MuvAudio.
Create a playlist.
Change your Device to: “Virtual Cable 1 In”.
The mixer should be blank.

Now, change the volume of the player (the top left box) to the max (so the green bar is filled).

Click on “Autodetect Recording Volume”.
The Auto Recording Volume button will not change the recording volume and the volume mixer bar does not make any difference in the recording (it can be 0 - 100 and it will do nothing).

If the bars next to the button light up, then you have successfully followed the previous steps.

The volume will be set to between 0 - 100% at the bottom. This is OK as only the player volume affects the Virtual Cable Line.

Now, click on “Automatic” to begin recording. You will not hear any sound, but the visualization will work and the vu meter will light up to the actual sound.

If you want to hear the music while it is recording, click on your “Start Menu”, then “Programs”, then “Virtual Audio Cable”, then click on “Audio Repeater”.

This will open the application:

Set the “Wave In” to “Virtual Cable 1 In”.
Then set “Wave Out” to Your Soundcard.
Then click on “Start” and you should begin hearing the music.

This will still record all sounds made by windows so make sure you disable those with the instructions from the help file.

After recording, make sure you go back into your sound device settins and set the playback and recording device to what they were before they were changed (your soundcard).

Also, please let me know if these instructions were easy to follow as I will probably include them in the help file, with pictures though.

I also recommend not having “Remove Click/Silence at beginning of song” selected when doing it this way as there should be no click (this was caused by background sound from the soundcard).

You can use other applications that use sound, if they let you choose the sound device you want to use. In that case, select your soundcard for that program and it will not be recorded. This offers some seclusion of the audio. For example, winamp let’s you choose your soundcard so you could listen to the songs that have been recorded in MuvAudio as others are recording and the two channels won’t be mixed(It won't record the sound from Winamp).

The beta testing signup will close on June 1st, a week from today, or when the 10-15 people have signed up.

Thank you,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:58 pm 
Removed by Administrator. - Yes

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:56 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Removed by Administrator. - Yes
Please check your email (admin@blah.com) because I'm confused.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:50 pm 
I know that the time period you are looking for beta testers is up, but I would really love to be a part of the team. If I end up liking the trial version of Virtual Audio Cable, I would be very interested in helping you out!

Please consider this request and let me know via e-mail. My e-mail is toasters@gmail.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Suggestions / Feedback [Archived]