MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Freeware » Muvixer

Post subject: Slightly diff probs with XFi (NO DRIVE BAY) and 2142esp/BF2
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:34 pm 

I used to have a problem that seems similar to this in BF2.

This only started happening when I purchased an XFi (cheapest: Xtrememusic)

The issue was that the Mic would cut out. In TS my push-to-talk would not activate (nor would VOIP work if turned on on that server)

I used to 'fix' by rebooting. Until one day typing away (1 Million Monkeys / Shakespear method...) found that switching from 2.1 speakers to 4.1 speakers and back would 'clear' the prob without rebooting. Now, I believe this works because all settings are probably 'reset' when this is done. Changing 'mode' (game/music etc) does NOT work. Toggling input from Mic to Digital I/O back to Mic also doesn't fix it. (Which is what I suspected the problem was - it was switching to Dig I/O - cos I don't have a MIC2 and that prob I always heard was MIC2->MIC1 not the other way...)

So I pinned the Creative Audio Console to start menu and quickly alt-tabbed and did for the 0-3 times a (long) night (usually 1 time) playing BF2 - I could live with that.

Then I started playing BF2142, found alt tab locks up the game so started having to lose field upgrades. Then one day instead of 2-3 times (seems more than BF2) it happened every few (~20-40) mins...

I upgrated 2 days back to 2.?.007 driver and d/l the new OpenAL32.dll and placed as OpenAL.dll in 2142 dir, prob still happened but only 1x. Coincidence or improvement I do not yet know.

Before I try your app, I want to do a few more days to see what bug-rate I can expect to be able to better know that your app 'fixed' it.

I happen to be a coder, but I do boring boring Securities/Finance work here in NYC (on Linux/C++). Is there some API you can point me to that would let me:
1. Select Mic input on card.
2. 'Disable' Drive Bay support (I have no drive bay...)
3. Change speaker outputs from 2.1 to N etc?

I suspect something else is my prob, and I'd love to setup a commandline app to test the issue and perhaps assign a run macro to it instead of adding another resident app. Mainly cos I don't want to run it at high rate but losing voice during our tourney is a pain.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:42 pm 

In case any more info to be gleaned on the orig thread where someone recommended you:

http://www.bf2combat.net/forum/showthre ... post255266

Full prob description at top. Thanks all.

(btw - the site is NOT a clan site - it is an EA-affiliated virtual army tournament, the tags seen there are for the 'Tour' ppl can still belong to clans and play there. check it out if interested - I, myself, am bored with BF2 Tourney play after 5 full tours (since Aug2005), so retiring but if they offer 2142 or a mod next I will rejoin.)

Board index » Freeware » Muvixer