MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvUnder Cover: The Album Art Sleuth » Suggestions / Feedback

Post subject: Sharpening of Cover Art
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:27 pm 

I would be great if you could apply some kind of sharpening to the cover art while displayed in the software. It makes the pictures look better.

Also adding some more search engines for cover would help. (but I think this has been requested several times already)

Post subject: Re: Sharpening of Cover Art
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:09 pm 
Site Admin

Can you send me a sample of a default image and one that is sharpened including information about the program and settings used to achieve the sharpened image?

We've added a few; others we've tried to do add but do not support non-human-interaction (allcdcovers). We'll continue adding sources in the future. Any specifics you'd recommend?

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:38 pm 

I have created a scrren shot of a cover displayed in MuvUnder and the same file displayed in ThumbsPlus.
I copied the file from MuvUnder to clipbord and pasted it into ThumbsPlus. No sharpening applied, nothing manipulated. I hope you can see the difference in sharpness and recognize the better readability of text.

The file is here Image
http://www.d80fotos.de/fotos/cover_art.jpg

For online sharpening on websites we use persits aspjpg, (http://www.aspjpeg.com) which allows to sharpen and resize images displayed in a browser. I am sure there are other tools you could use.

Volker

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

The issue is that we are resizing (changing the decode pixel height so it really isn't the full image resized but the rather the full image decoded at a lower width and height...I hope that makes sense) the displayed image based on the zoom level to help decrease memory usage and increase performance. We'll look into increasing the pixel size of the image resizing to better optimize based on the zoom level so the quality of the image isn't degraded. We are also actually looking into a way for the user to click-and-hold to display the image at actual size so they can see the real quality of the image.

The true quality matches that of the image you pasted into ThumbsPlus that you copied from the album.

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Board index » MuvUnder Cover: The Album Art Sleuth » Suggestions / Feedback