MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvUnder Cover: The Album Art Sleuth » Support

Post subject: Choose Folders
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:40 am 

Hi!

If I try to choose Folders (ca.90 Songs in the Folder) there come less than a half of the songs in the MUV libary to search for Covers. If I try to trag and trop some songs there come the message "No files were added because they already in your album list". But this songs are without covers. I've tryed all three things in the preferences (exclude...., add the selected..., replace) but it's always the same message.

Thanks for help

Post subject: Re: Choose Folders
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:51 am 

I just tried posting a reply to this a moment ago but due to only waking up about 10 minutes ago I think I stuffed it up.

This issue seems to be resolvable (at least for me) by ensuring the file extension is lowercase.

Perhaps a UCASE(%filename%) by the developers might be something worth checking :)

PS. Best album cover art software ever! Love it guys, well done!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:56 am 

Also using ID3 Tag 2.4 causes the above problems also. Using ID3 2.3 works fine :)

Hope that helps!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

We are currently working on an update that will fix the "uppercase extension" issue (one of those "duh" moments). Thanks for pointing this out.

For the ID2.4 vs ID 2.3 issue, can you further explain the problem and if possible, provide a sample file of each? I'd like to resolve this before the next update as well.

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:19 pm 

Hi John,

My apologies for not returning a response to this. I have been plagued by computer problems of late (including losing my serial number for MuvUndercover due to drive failure :( ) the joys of two failing drives in a RAID-5 set. Bastard thing!!

Its been a while since I had this issue, but from memory it would also cause the same issue that lurchi was referring to. Using ID3 v2.4 would result in muvundercover not finding any files in the directory I think it was.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:07 am 
Site Admin

We're just about ready to test v1.5.0.0 of MuvUnder Cover. We've done a lot of work to improve the file loading issues as mentioned. We've also improved our support logs (when enabled) that detail the reasons why files aren't being added. The most likely cause is the file tag doesn't have an album title. If no album title exists, it uses the song name (mostly for singles that do have covers). We also show logs for files that have corrupt tags so that the users could pinpoint these files and correct them. We'll be adding a section to the faq that details where the logs are and how to view them. I personally tested against ID3v2.4 files and had no issues loading them with the new version coming soon.

This new version has been a lot of work and a lot of fun. We're excited to see how our users, new and old respond.

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Board index » MuvUnder Cover: The Album Art Sleuth » Support