MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Miscellaneous [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: What RErecords better?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:53 pm 
Well the recording goes on…I have noticed that recording 18,000 wma files may take me to the end of the year but the idea of such a cool and free proggy like MuvAudio compels me to keep saving up my pennies to make a donation if not just to show thanks for setting my music world free once again..(hope it last) but I somewhat understand the time it takes to create and keep updating a proggy baby…
My question is this…I love quality music and I get that buying a fresh cut CD is the only way to really retain quality. But I am noticing that my converted wma to mp3 files are taking up lots of space..I don’t mind getting a bigger 300 gig hard drive (got 500gigs filled now) just for my music but as far as true to original sound goes what would be better, converting (recording) the wma music files to mp3 or wma? Sure wma files take up about ½ the space compared to mp3 files but what about SOUND QUAILTY? Should I convert the wma files to mp3 or wma and hope my next mp3 player handles both..(lookin at the rio karma)? Thanks again for this wonderful project and if I can help in anyway just let me know…GETTING the word out is ez since I run IRC channels and do net marketing…Just an offer of time I guess…KEEP IT UP-> Kami :shock:

Post subject: Ok so this is trippy
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:49 am 
To my ear recording the wma files using the setting-> WMA-128kps @ 44khz sound BETTER then the original, although i know this not to be possible the ears dont lie..Maybe my brain is trippin again...Any input?
Love is the law...Kami :oops:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hehe,

Thanks for the support. I appreciate any "free" advertising anyone will give for MuvAudio. It supports the addition of new features and bug fixes as I work on it in my spare time.

If you are looking to save space saving in wma 128kbps format is your best bet. (And if you ears make it sound better, no loss to you).

IRiver has a lot of devices that support both mp3 and wma so I would recommend them for any audio device (I had the original MP3/WMA cd player they released and it still works great). My car MP3/WMA does have a problem with playing the new WMP 10 WMA's because of a few tag differences, but it was a cheap $100 player, so I encode to MP3 160kbps. It basically depends on what you have to play with and how much space you have to spare. Harddrives are getting cheaper all the time. I am the IT guy at the company I work at and I recommend purchasing from www.newegg.com. They have the best service and prices.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks again,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject: Follow up
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:31 pm 
Yeah copy that about newegg being the best...ive been using them for years now and have been more then happy with the prices and the fast shipping.
As far as the wma 128kbps protected files go, your suggestion would be to encode to MP3 160kbps music quality? I do plan on getting the Rio Karma 20GB player and using a Cassette adaptor for the car and though the sound systems for friends I may visit...Btw my research shows newegg to have the best net price for the Rio Karma.. Do we get a discount if we mention your name? J/K...but whats a IT man? IT=The one? The guy that keeps it rolling? ...Well thanks for your FAST replay...back to recording.....Kami :P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:01 am 
Site Admin

IT does = The One that keeps it rolling. Information Technology. All computer problems, I'm the one that fixes them. I do the website, the server, the workstations, the "whatever they want me to do".

I wish I could mention my name and get a discount at Newegg. :)

160kbps MP3 is what I recommend. But don't take my word for it. Playback a 160 vs a 192 and compare disk space and see if you can tell any difference, though in my experience, a WMA is equivalent to one step higher in MP3. WMA128-MP3160, WMA160-MP3192. This is only in experience, but to others, it may be different, depending on how sensitive your ears are :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:24 am 

John,
Actually that's not a bad idea. I'm sure newegg has an affliates program (most do). You should put up a banner ad or two for the places that you feel give people a good value for their money.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:30 am 
Site Admin

I looked up some information and this is what I have found:

"We have been inquiring about this possibility since April of 2001. Currently Newegg is working towards adding an affiliate program to their business model. This is a big undertaking for them, and we have offered our expertise to help them in their efforts."

I'll email them directly and found out if there has been any progress.

Thanks,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:45 am 

Hi,

I have been following this nice little app for a few weeks now. I have not yet purchased it, only used the free trial and must say im am very impressed with what it can do. My only only problem is that my music is wma 128kb and I dont really want to loose any more quality since the bitrate is so low already.
Before I decide to purchase this "GOD" of converting programs can somebody please advise the best possible settings that would keep the quality as close to the original as possible? maybe some people could post there settings and experience. A poll would be nice with people voting for there preffered settings :) :)

Thanks for great program, keep up the great work and hope to be a registered user soon :lol:

Regards
Bracken.

*cough* Freebies are always nice to give :shock:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

Just rerecord to at least the same bitrate of wma or one higher bitrate setting of mp3 and you shouldn't experience any (noticeable - I have to say that just in case) quality loss as the sound is not going through your soundcard, but is recorded digitally.

Thanks,

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Miscellaneous [Archived]