MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvEnum Address Bar » Suggestions / Feedback

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Post beta v2.x.x.x issues and suggestions here
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

Use this topic as the place to post all suggestions and/or issues with v2.x.x.x beta versions.

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject: Re: Post beta v2.x.x.x issues and suggestions here
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:52 am 

John - 2040b4 showed up on the taskbar context menu but no matter what I did it, wouldn't load (including uninstall/re-install etc, etc.). 2040b5 loads fine. It looks like the recent list works now. If I find any other issues I will keep posting.
Pete

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:37 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the update. Beta 4 had an issue with the installer when coming from an older version that was fixed in Beta 5. We're almost ready for a final release. :D

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:25 am 

John - is there anyway to add the ability to clear the whole recent list from the addressbar (i.e. clear the global list) - maybe from the options dialog?
Pete

Post Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:33 am 

Hello John,

thank you very much for the latest beta-version!

Here is my bug-list and comments for V2.0.5.0 Beta6:

1) The installation seams to work correctly, but if I try to activate the MuvEnum Address Bar, I got the following error-windows from the "Microsoft .net-Framework":

Code:
Informationen ├╝ber das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.ArgumentException: Die HotKeyModifiers-Eigenschaft konnte nicht aus ihrem Standardwert erstellt werden. Fehlermeldung: Der angeforderte Wert Ctrl konnte nicht gefunden werden.
   bei System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyValue.Deserialize()
   bei System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyValue.get_PropertyValue()
   bei System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
   bei System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   bei System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
   bei System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   bei MuvEnumAddressBar.Properties.Settings.get_HotKeyModifiers()
   bei MuvEnumAddressBar.MuvEnumAddressBar.g()
   bei MuvEnumAddressBar.MuvEnumAddressBar.f(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
    Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300).
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
MuvEnumAddressBar
    Assembly-Version: 2.0.5.0.
    Win32-Version: 2.0.5.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Programme/MuvEnum/AddressBar/MuvEnumAddressBar_x86.dll.
BandObjectLib
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Programme/MuvEnum/AddressBar/BandObjectLib.DLL.
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
Accessibility
    Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200).
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll.
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.
ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit
    Assembly-Version: 2.8.5.0.
    Win32-Version: 2.8.5.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Programme/MuvEnum/AddressBar/ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.DLL.
Interop.SHDocVw
    Assembly-Version: 1.1.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 1.1.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Programme/MuvEnum/AddressBar/Interop.SHDocVw.DLL.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
System.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

If I select "weiter" (=next) the AddressBar appears and it works correctly. The same error occurs after the first reboot. The second reboot works correctly. It seams, tha is the rest of any debug-information?

2) global hotkey "A"
Please deactivate this feature per default! I opened a command window and try to type: cd %appdata%, but if I enter the first "a" after the "%", the input-focus goes to the MuvEnum Adress Bar. I haven't any change to enter my "a" in the command-window, until I deactivate this feature in the options of the MuvEnum AdressBar :-(

3) After a reboot, the default-value in the AddressBar is your URL. Please remove this

4) After deinstallation, then program-menu-entry "MuvEnum" is still available. Its emty, but the folder is still available.

5) Is it possible, to install the MuvEnum AdressBar silent?

6) And yes, is it possible to set the options too or on which place (Registry, xml-File, ..) you are store the settings?

7) its a good idea to disable the options button! I like it to enter "options" :-)

8 ) may you can add an "ok" and "abort"-button (and default?) in the settings-window? Only "x" on the right corner for close works, but normally it is only for closing the window.

9) Is it possible to make the search-query configurable? here in Germany the http://www.goolge.de is much faster then the http://www.google.com. And my you can change the %20 for a blank into a "+"? I think, this is normal, but I'm not sure.

If i find time later, I will answer your questions from the other thread.

happy programming :-)
R@iner

Post Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:38 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
1) The installation seams to work correctly, but if I try to activate the MuvEnum Address Bar, I got the following error-windows from the "Microsoft .net-Framework":

This is related to number 2:
Quote:
2) global hotkey "A"

which should create the shortcut key of "Ctrl+Shift+A", but the error in #1 is causing the "Ctrl+Shift" to not be added to the shortcut which is causing the shortcut key to be just "A". We'll have to get a German? version of XP installed to see why this is happening. It works fine on the English version of XP.

Quote:
3) After a reboot, the default-value in the AddressBar is your URL. Please remove this

MuvEnum Address Bar is free and as such, to keep it free, we need to make it possible for our "for sale" products and donation page to be easily found. This is a very non-obtrusive way to do that. However, it can be removed by typing "bcda4162" in the address bar and hitting enter. This code comes in the email you receive if you donate if you haven't gotten the code from other sources (like this post :D).

Quote:
4) After deinstallation, then program-menu-entry "MuvEnum" is still available. Its emty, but the folder is still available.

We'll look into this. We just need to make sure we don't remove it if other programs have been installed under it.

Quote:
5) Is it possible, to install the MuvEnum AddressBar silent?

Yep, add "/S", without the quotes at the end (must be a capital S): muvenumaddressbarsetup.exe /S

Quote:
6) And yes, is it possible to set the options too or on which place (Registry, xml-File, ..) you are store the settings?

The settings are stored using the .NET 2.0 settings which uses xml. Under Vista, the file location is auto-created as "user.config" somewhere under "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation\". On my machine it is in this folder: "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation\DefaultDomain_Path_letvcrhmovxkwhkcw5vzjcoa5azw22uj\6.0.6000.16386"

Quote:
7) its a good idea to disable the options button! I like it to enter "options"

I thought so too.

Quote:
8 ) may you can add an "ok" and "abort"-button (and default?) in the settings-window? Only "x" on the right corner for close works, but normally it is only for closing the window.

This makes perfect sense. Maybe "Save", "Cancel" and "Restore Defaults" buttons.

Quote:
9) Is it possible to make the search-query configurable? here in Germany the http://www.goolge.de is much faster then the http://www.google.com. And my you can change the %20 for a blank into a "+"? I think, this is normal, but I'm not sure.

It actually is configurable, though right now it is done through the registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchUrl]
@="http://www.google.com/search?q=%s"

I'll possibly add support for changing this in the options UI.

Thanks for the feedback,

Post Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:39 am 
Site Admin

PGomersall wrote:
John - is there anyway to add the ability to clear the whole recent list from the addressbar (i.e. clear the global list) - maybe from the options dialog?
Pete

This would clear the list from Internet Explorer and from Windows Explorer. Is this what you want? If so, I can add it.

Thanks,

Post Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:09 am 

John - Yes I think would be useful if you could clear the list from Internet Explorer and from Windows Explorer (which displays in MuvEnum Adress Bar) from a button (maybe "Clear List") in the options dialog.
Pete

Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:42 am 

Hello again,

Quote:
[Global Hotkey "A" and the error-windows from .net-Framework]

which should create the shortcut key of "Ctrl+Shift+A", but the error in #1 is causing the "Ctrl+Shift" to not be added to the shortcut which is causing the shortcut key to be just "A". We'll have to get a German? version of XP installed to see why this is happening. It works fine on the English version of XP.

I have a new installed Notebook with an German XP Home Edition. If you want, I can give you access via UltraVNC. One hour before, I create an image of it, so if you want, you can install your development-environment. If you are finished, I restore the image.

Quote:
Quote:

MuvEnum Address Bar is free and as such, to keep it free, we need to make it possible for our "for sale" products and donation page to be easily found. This is a very non-obtrusive way to do that. However, it can be removed by typing "bcda4162" in the address bar and hitting enter. This code comes in the email you receive if you donate if you haven't gotten the code from other sources (like this post :D).

Thank you very much! :-)

Quote:
Quote:

We'll look into this. We just need to make sure we don't remove it if other programs have been installed under it.

Oh, normally it should be not so difficult to check if the folder is empty or not :-)

Quote:
Quote:
5) Is it possible, to install the MuvEnum AddressBar silent?

Yep, add "/S", without the quotes at the end (must be a capital S): muvenumaddressbarsetup.exe /S

Great, thank you.

Quote:
Quote:

The settings are stored using the .NET 2.0 settings which uses xml. Under Vista, the file location is auto-created as "user.config" somewhere under "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation\". On my machine it is in this folder: "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation\DefaultDomain_Path_letvcrhmovxkwhkcw5vzjcoa5azw22uj\6.0.6000.16386"

Ok, this helps me. Thank you

Quote:
Quote:
7) its a good idea to disable the options button! I like it to enter "options"

I thought so too.

May you can implement "clear list" too? :-)

Quote:
Quote:

This makes perfect sense. Maybe "Save", "Cancel" and "Restore Defaults" buttons.

Yes, you are right :-)

Quote:
Quote:

It actually is configurable, though right now it is done through the registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchUrl]
@="http://www.google.com/search?q=%s"

I'll possibly add support for changing this in the options UI.

It sounds good

Many thanks
R@iner

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:26 am 
Site Admin

v2.1.0.0 has been released.

You can download it from www.muvenum.com/downloads/freeware/muve ... -setup.exe

Thanks,

Post Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

Please post suggestions at:

MuvEnum Address Bar Feedback Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » MuvEnum Address Bar » Suggestions / Feedback