MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

picree,

We are working with the VAC developer to let you test a version 4 of VAC that should help with your problems. When I get the get go, except an email from me with instructions.

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:48 am 

Is there any estimate on when the new VAC might come? I'd love to see nice blue VACs that never turn white.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:56 am 
Site Admin

Right now we do not have a time estimate. When we have a date, we will let everyone know. v1.2 was just completed and released. v1.3 will now be started. Our hope is to release v1.3 with VAC4 along with a few surprises. No details as of yet...

Thanks,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:36 am 

I have been using MuvAudio for a few weeks now on two machines. I was using my laptop exclusively which is a 1.6 gig Pentum M with 1 gig of memory. I have had occasional freezes of the VACs but nothing major. Then I got a license for my second machine which is a 3.0 gig Pentium 4 with hyperthreading and 512 megs of memory. On this machine the max autodetected VACs is 4 (on the laptop it is 3). I have been having constant freezing of VAC3 (just like another member in this thread). I read all the posts and I tried the following...
I uninstalled VAC using the shortcut in the start menu. It complained that it couldn't delete the "vacumd.dll" file in the system32 folder. It offered to delete it on the next reboot, but I told it not to reboot and I renamed the file to something else (vacumd.sux). I couldn't manually delete the file, but I was able to rename it. Then after the reboot, I deleted the renamed file. I checked the registry keys using the uninstall information in the FAQ. All the keys were fine so I reinstalled VAC. I also reinstalled MuvAudio using the new 1.2 version that is now completed since I had 1.1 before. The only other thing I did was change my XP swap file. It was set to be managed by the system, so I locked the top and bottom values to 1024 which is double the RAM I have in the machine. I am not sure if any of this really matters, or if I just got lucky, but last night I was able to record about 10 albums without a problem. Before that I was getting VAC3 lockups with just 1 or 2 albums. It wasn't just a particular song or album that was causing the lockup, it was random but always on VAC3. I think maybe the newer version might have helped but I can't say for sure. I think the new version looks great and I like how it shows you the progress of each of the VACs and tells you what song they are on. (2/10, etc). I really dig this software and I think it is the best out of everything else I have used. Right now I save the output as uncompressed wav files and then I encode them to Wavpack for archiving, and I encode to 192 vbr MP3 (fast standard) and the quality sounds excellent. Thanks for this awesome piece of software.

-ninth_life

Last edited by ninth_life on Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: VAC 4 Beta test available
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

For anyone that has posted on this topic that is experiencing occasional VAC freezes, we have just finished the first beta of MuvAudio using a beta version of Virtual Audio Cable 4. This should help and/or possibly eliminate the issue you are experiencing. If you are interested in testing this version to see if it helps and to report back to us your experiences so that we may better the product, please send an email to admin@muvaudio.com with a subject of "VAC4 Test". We will then email you the rules and instructions on testing this new version. You must be a registered/purchased user of MuvAudio to test this beta version. We are hoping for good results.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post subject: New User
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:33 pm 

Hi there.

I just wanted to post because I want a program like muvaudio, but it doesnt work for me. I'd buy it if it worked, but i go to the point where it should start encoding, and all the boxes are stuck at 0% with 5-6 hour encode times, and they stay stuck there for at least 15 minutes (at which point i turn it off)

Anyway, you posted that only .12% of your user base has problems -- i'd be part of your user base if i DIDNT have problems.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:31 pm 
Site Admin

You can submit a request, if you are a registered to admin@muvaudio.com to test the VAC4 version of the software (in beta) to see if it helps with your issue.

Thanks,

Post subject: Dual Core P4 is my problem
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:48 am 

After a few days of testing with my P4 dual core processor, I can say for me that having the dual core processor is the problem. If I go into my BIOS and enable "SW Single Processor Mode" (Intel board) which means only one core is being used and even detected I no longer have VAC freezes. My other machine I received a code for also doesn't freeze and it is a single processor.

Just for a test I went back and recreated the place list I just converted and disabled the SW Single mode and it freezes again.

So I guess for now, I will just have to leave it Enabled when I want to do some converting. Disable when it's game time.

Too bad I can find no where to set Infinity for the vackmd.sys driver, or I would have tried that too.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:04 am 
Site Admin

Have you tried the VAC4 beta to see if it helps? If not, you can send an email to admin@muvaudio.com to have it sent to you. Your help in testing would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Post subject: VAC 311 Out
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

A new version of VAC is out that should help with deadlocks (freezes). Please let us know if it helps with those of you that are having issues while recording.

You can download it from the same link in your purchase emails replacing 310 with 311

or, you can email support@muvaudio.com using your registered email address that you purchased with requesting the new download link.

Thank you,

Renzska

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:29 pm 

The latest beta version still results in freezes.:x I have a hyperthreaded P4. I will try to see if I can turn off the hyperthreading although I hate to because everything else works fine and I don't want to screw anything else up. I also continue to have a problem with the album titles having the word clean added at the end of them (eventhough I'm saving everything to a new directory :? ). I think renzska is working on this.

I also think the MuvAudio hangups result the corruption of a WMP file called wmsdkns.xml. After a hang, WMP/Napster will no longer stream. If I delete wmsdkns.xml and let WMP recreate it then I can stream again. wmsdkns.xml appears to be some sort of storage file for registry entries. FYI.

A "new" beta version would be greatly appreciated! :wink:

picree

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

Have you tried the new VAC 3.11 version that I mentioned in my previous post? Not the VAC 4 beta, but the full VAC 3.11 release?

The "Clean" word issue is related to Napster. Check out the original WMA files properties in WMP and they should show the "Clean" in their wm/albumtitle attribute. Let me know if this is contrary.

With VAC, the betas depend on the developer of VAC...

Thanks,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:32 pm 

I'm so confused at this point I don't really remember if I tried 3.11. What did I have originally with MuvAudio 1.1? I think I've tried 3.10 and 3.07 you sent me.

I've invested significant time trying to resolve this. Is there any reason to believe that 3.11 will work if the 4.0 beta didn't?

Right now I'm trying a session without hyperthreading turned on. The system hasn't locked up but I've had a VAC lock up twice. I can kill it and continue but I don't know where I'm at in the session. So that doesn't help any.

picree

PS-if you think it's worth it, can you PM me the link to 3.11? I think you have my email.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:52 pm 

I would try to run VAC 3.11 BUT...MuvAudio 1.2 won't recognize it :evil: ! It's looking for VAC 4.0b!

picree............ :roll:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:50 am 
Site Admin

You are using the beta version of MuvAudio v1.2 that was modified to work with VAC4.

To use VAC3.11, you need to reinstall the version from www.muvaudio.com/muvaudiov12.exe

Thank you,

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]