MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:35 am 

I just had a system freeze myself while converting a batch of songs. I am using a newly installed MuvAudio v1.3 with VAC v3.11 on a multithreading Pentium 4 processor with a gig of memory.

None of the individual VACs (I had 4 running) seemed to freeze. However, around 20-30 minutes in, my entire system froze, requiring a hard reboot.

I am wondering if the multithreading issue may, in fact, be a clue as to why this is happening.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:14 pm 

The link to the final version of 1.2 seemed odd. It was only 81k.

There are quite a few versions of both VAC and MuvAudio. I have:

MuvAudio
v1.1
v1.2b
v1.3

VAC
4.0b

What combination is likely to yield the best results? There isn't enough time to check all combinations. Also, could you provide some direction on the suspect problem so we could test it for you?

I have been having slightly better results with v1.1 and 3.11 with hyperthreading turned off. If I try to do any browsing during a session it seems I am more likely to loose a VAC. If I don't touch anything and tiptoe through the room then the session seems to finish just fine. I've not tried v1.3 with 3.11.

picree

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

picree,

We apologize for some of the confusion caused by the different releases.

The best bet is to use the latest version of MuvAudio, v1.3, with the latest version VAC, v3.11 (not including betas as, well, they are betas).

The VAC4 w/ MuvAudio v1.2b was a test version specifically to work with VAC4.

Or recommendation is to use the latest release on the website (v1.3 with VAC 3.11). If you still have troubles with that version, then users are free to try the VAC4 + v1.2b beta to see if it improves their situation.

The VAC developer and I believe that the issue has a lot to do with hyperthreading. But VAC 3.11 has resolved some issues with deadlocks (two threads competing for the same resource) which should help with this topics issue.

Remember, beta versions are "at your own risk".

We thank you for your patience and hope that those of you that have had problems with earlier versions have better success with v1.3 and VAC 3.11.

Thank you,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:27 pm 

I installed the new version of Muvaudio (1.3) and the new VAC (3.11), and now I am getting VACs freezing on me. This has never happened before on my computer. When I start the encoding, whether I'm doing three, four, or five VACs, one of them just stays at 0% the whole time. The maximum recording speed is 4. I am running Windows XP SP2, .net framework 1.1 sp1, windows media player 10, and am a registered user. I have an Athlon XP 2700+ (hyperthreading not an issue) and have a gig of RAM. I would appreciate any insight you may have into this problem.

Thanks.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:28 am 
Site Admin

Are you still experiencing the same issue?

If so, can you send us an email at support@muvaudio.com with the message from your last post so that we can better troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:55 pm 

The problem seems to have corrected itself. I just tried 5 vacs and it
worked flawlessly. Very strange...but if it happens again (hopefully
this is an isolated incident), I will contact support again. Thanks for the quick response!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:16 am 

OK bobvatch do tell...what would be the solution? How do you correct a bad/expired file license from Nap$ter?

Actually, the problem I experience sounds similar but may be more sinister. VAC's will hang and I can check the log to see which song it was...but I can go into Nap$ter and play it fine...which would imply the license is OK. However, occasionally I will get a song that plays fine but is missing some of the tag info which would imply a messed up download.

It really would be nice if there was a way to "revalidate" all licenses and/or force a redownload of all tag info after a download session. Do you know of a way to do that? Is there a file we can delete to force Nap$ter to revalidate the library?

I do know that most every time when a VAC crashes I can no longer stream media in Nap$ter. I traced it to a corrupt file WMSDKNS.XML which I can delete and let Nap$ter/WMP rebuild...then it streams fine.

picree

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:20 pm 
Site Admin

**ATTENTION** VAC Freezing Issue - Testers Needed

If you are a user that experiences random freezes of VAC sessions, please read the following forum post for information on helping find the cause.

All help in this issue is greatly appreciated.

http://www.muvaudio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=431

Thank you,

Post subject: I have not had freezing problem since upgrading to 1.3
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:29 pm 

I have been using dedicated mode to convert files. I have a folder for each year. When I was using 1.1 Muvaudio would freeze when a file without a license came up. Now it works perfectly. When a file does not have a license Muv skips it. I check the log and backup the skiped file for converting later when I have a license. I run 3 VACs as recomended. I have coverted about 5000 files in the last few days without incident.

Thanks for a great product. It works better than expected.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:12 pm 

This thread is for VAC's that freeze...no bragging allowed! Now go away! :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:04 pm 

Renzska just wondering if you can help me with my problem in connection to this.

Ive just bought muvaudio and have had really bad problems from the word go. Its all to do with the VACs freezing and I have the latest available version of both Muvaudio and VAC from your website.

Basically after about 10 mins one audio cable will freeze and say it has finished recording. I can ctrl/alt/del it and stop that one channel but that makes batch recording quite hard ! :shock:

After a bit longer, another channel will crash. This carries on and sometimes the whole program will crash.

It seems that quite a few ppl are having these problems - any idea what it might be ?

Thx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:00 pm 

I personally think that the VACs freezing is primarily caused by 1 things:

1-Your Windows install has multiple codec packs on it, or you've updated an old series of codecs. Muvaudio uses WMP to playback the source files, and I think that various pieces of codecs are having some sort of influence on WMP's playback, causing it to snag when Muvaudio is using it. I also think upgrading audio card drivers can compound the problem.

As an example: when I first acquired Muvaudio, it was on a relatively-fresh install of XP Pro, but I had upgraded my sound card drivers a couple of times and had updated my K-Lite Mega codec pack several times by that point, and Muvaudio would freeze after working on 10-15 songs tops. A few months ago, I was compelled to reinstall XP Pro on my system (I keep my music\pics\whatever on separate hard drive partitions from the O\S to make reinstalls easier) with a fresh set of drivers and a clean install of K-Lite Mega, and the freezing problems vanished. Now, within the last month, I've updated my sound card drivers again, and I've updated K-Lite, and I'm starting to see the freezes once more, but very occasionally-like once every several hours worth of encoding, if that much. I suspect that if I upgrade to another version of K-Lite, or install a different codec pack, the situation would worsen.

BTW, before I did my reinstall, I tried running several registry cleaners\defraggers (jv16powertools and EasyCleaner) in an effort to get Muvaudio (and some other programs) to work properly-it didn't help. Frankly, I think that severe VACS freezing can only be rectified with a new O\S install, since that'll clean out all of the garbage left behind by various driver upgrades and whatnot.

Post subject: v1.5 Freezing WorkAround
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

To help address the issue of this thread and for addressing freezing caused by corrupt files trying to be played, we are proud to announce the 1st Release Candidate for v1.5 of MuvAudio.

http://www.muvaudio.com/muvaudiov15RC1.exe

Below is the list of features that have made it into this new version.

We ask that all users that would like to, that experience this issue related to this thread, to test out this new version and see if it helps them combat the problems they have.

Please post your comments and suggestions regarding this version.

Added Frozen session detection - this will detect frozen sessions (for users that experience them) and close them so that the rest of the recording process can continue.
Added saving a list of remaining songs to complete if a session is frozen. You will be asked to add them to your playlist on your next MuvAudio opening.
Added continuation of Dedicated mode if a session freezes (It will be closed which will then allow dedicated mode to continue)
Combined the errorlog catching into one file with date and time stamps for easier submission
Adding better error handling to the MuvAudio Console
Decreased CPU Utilization between file changes
Decreased MuvAudio filesize
Decreased the time it takes adding files to playlist
Addressed issue to help with certain soundcards overriding the VAC cables and resulting in silent files unless set through Windows manually
Miscellaneous optimzations and code cleanup resulting in better cpu utilization and filesize

Thank you,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:38 am 

Well, I d\l'ed 1.5 after my 1.2 froze twice after doing about 130 tracks each time that I just grabbed. As a side note renzska, ya might want to start advising people when they upgrade to only do it in Safe Mode-I forgot and ran into the old problem where the old version of VAC wouldn't uninstall properly. I at least did remember to use the Reset Soundcard utility this time. Over the last 2 days, 1.5 did over 1800 tracks without stopping once (unless I stopped it). I've only time to do a bit of spot checking on audio quality, but what tracks I heard sound good. I haven't had a chance to check for mistagged tracks yet, but so far, so good.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

The install should detect old versions of VAC and have you uninstall them. We'll check into this and make sure it is working correctly. We are getting close to RC2 v1.5 which clears up some issues with the new stuff in v1.5 RC1.

Thanks,

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]