MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: .NET settings/program stability
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:38 am 

I've posted here before on stability when using more than two VACs. I'm not trying to rehash this but have other ideas on possible causes.

FWIW-my system is set up with three profiles all of which have administrator privleges. I'm not sure to what extent I have to go to ensure proper installation of all MuvAudio related components (specifically I'm referring to .NET 1.1, Windows Media Player 10, Internet Explorer 6.0).

I've gone ahead and installed WMP in all three profiles and accepted all defaults.

Should I also run the .NET 1.1 installation in all three profiles? I also notice there are MANY settings for .NET. Some are found in the Internet Options under Security. Other settings (on the application level) can be found by using the .NET Wizard. Do ANY of these settings matter? I haven't knowingly changed any of these settings but are there any that I should check? Any that impact MuvAudio.

I'm concerned that when switching profiles some settings may revert to an incompatible state and may not get switched back.

BTW renzska-I can't imagine how you can integrate all the myriad of settings and dll's that come with .NET, WMP, and IE. THAT seems like a nightmare!

picree

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:23 pm 

bump...

any thoughts renzska???

picree

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry for the delay.

The .Net settings should work by default unless your are trying to run MuvAudio over a network, which isn't supported.

As before, our conclusion is that VAC is not fully 100% compatible with your current system setup. There is possibly a conflict with other drivers.

You can try running the VAC control panel, removing all 5 cables, and then readding them to see if that makes any difference.

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:43 pm 

We have alot of things in common picree, my WMP also stops playing streaming music every now and then and the only fix i can figure out is to reinstall WMP. Both problems (VACS Freezeing And Streaming Music Not Playing Untill I Reinstall) happen on both my desktop and laptop, i dont know much about .net but i dont change many settings, maybe i have a program on my computers that change settings and screws everything up. I dont know though, i think my problem is coming from WMP, muv audio almost always works flawlessly every time i reinstall WMP, but then both problems start soon there after. If you want to know any info on my computer just ask in dulled down terms lol maybe we can locate whats causing this problem.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:30 am 

kazaa916...see my other post about VAC's freezing and Zip Drives......

Picree

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:49 pm 
Site Admin

To help with this issue, we ask that anyone experiencing the freezing issue, to please run msinfo32 from a command prompt. Then click on "File", next click on "export" and then choose a filename to export the data to. This will list all the information about your system, specifically, the .sys files in use. We are trying to gather all of this information from users that experience this problem so that we can compare the files in use to see if we can narrow down the problem to a specific set of files.

We will not use any of this data for any purpose not related to finding the issue.

Please email this file to support@muvaudio.com with the subject of "MSINFO32 MuvAudio VAC Bug".

When we receive enough submissions, we will be able to pinpoint the issue. Once completed, all submissions will be deleted from our systems.

BTW, one of the systems is an Athlong 64 3000+ on a Gigabyte K8NS - Pro SLI Nforce 4 Mobo, with default soundcard, geforce 6800 gt, 1GB PC3200 RAM, 1 external 160GB HD, 2 internal 80GB; 200GB HD, clean install of Windows XP SP2 with MuvAudio and VAC installed fresh, all updates from Microsoft Update, Office 2003, along with some other applications and we run 5 VACs with no problem. I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

This issue has been resolved in v1.7 and MuvAudio2. It was due to an issue with .NET/WMP/Dual Core/Hyperthreading.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]