MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: VAC and Mixer settings
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:24 pm 

Today I found out that it is possible to adjust the settings of the vacs in the windows mixer. By the time I adjustet the volume I thought that the Buttons belong to my audiocard.

Now I am concerned that this may effect the resulting files of that vac. It is almost impossible to relevel the settings to where they were because there are now numbers to the slider.

I also recognized that all vacs are switched to mono meaning to the left channel only. But that time I was wondering if those settings do effect the vacs at all.

Any Ideas?

I also recognized that it is almost annoying that my audiocard is replaced by vac 1 every once in a while in the windows audio settings. Is this supposed to be normal? I have to switch back to my soundcard almost everyday when using muvaudio.

Best regards

Moongate

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

From the VAC Manual:

Quote:
The mixer
By its nature, VAC doesn't need a mixer, as most other devices do. A typical audio device has a mixer to change volume levels, select recording lines and so on. Since VAC simulates a plain digital cable, there is no ability to regulate anything but some applications (MS NetMeeting, MSN Messenger and others) refuse to work with audio device that doesn't have a mixer. Therefore, VAC has a fake (fictious) mixer which does nothing but allows applications to suppose that they can affect volume levels. With a mixer, VAC seems to be a complete, fully functional audio device.

This answers your first couple of questions. Setting any of the settings will not affect the recording.

As for the last problem, this can happen if the last channel doesn't load properly. When opening MuvAudio again, it will detect this hasn't been set back to your soundcard and then load the Reset Soundcard application to allow you to fix it. If you have any suggestions, please let us know.

Thanks,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]