MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Does your PC have a Hyperthreaded or Dual Core CPU?
Yes 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Post subject: Hyperthreading/dual core VAC crashing poll
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:06 pm 

If you are experiencing lockups and/or BSODs please reply by participating in the informal poll above. Thanks.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:04 pm 
Site Admin

Picree must vote as well :)

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:51 am 

I will say I'm not having crashing with Hyper-threading. I wonder if Picree updated his audio drivers if that would help? Or it could also be an integrated Audio chipset problem?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:02 pm 

Sorry...forgot to vote. Anyways it doesn't look like many people are very concerned about this. Updated audio drivers? Puleese! What next Dabosman? Reinstall XP? :shock: Trust me-everything's updated. This machine does extensive Photoshopping, DVD backups and editing, music CD backups, slide photo restoration, childrens 3-D video games, internet video streaming, Napstering/WMPing, mp3 downloads, Palm Piloting, Hamachi VPNing, Firefox webbrowsing, email, and filesharing/networking.....for THREE separate profiles. This is the ONLY application that causes BSODS! And only when HT is turned on.

The only way I can get MA to run reliably is to turn off HT (and do the install w/o HT). Perhaps, evidence of a problem resides in the fact that VAC (certain versions) will not uninstall cleanly under HT especially if it was installed under HT. I've also installed/uninstalled various versions of MA dozens of time, making sure to scrub the registry each time and reboot. Still can't run it under HT. Without HT MA 1.3 and VAC 3.11 seem to run pretty good.

Dabosman-do you run 200-300 songs at once or just convert a few at a time? Most of the time the problems aren't evident until several songs have been converted.

What seems to be happening lately is that one of the VAC's seems to either finish really early or just gives up. I can't tell. Usually one will finish much much sooner than the rest. Subsequently, many songs go unconverted. Tedious to rebuild and complete............

picree

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

Pricee,

Check out http://www.muvaudio.com/forums/viewtopi ... =1876#1876

Thanks,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

The freezing issue has been resolved in MuvAudio2 and was due to a hyperthreading and/or dual core cpu.

Thank you,

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]