MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cannot use 5 VACs if over 5 songs
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:46 am 

First off, I LOVE Muvaudio. It's one of the best software purchases I've ever made. Super kudos to everyone at Muvaudio. (and I promise this isn't kiss-up ... I *LOVE* the program that much)

Now for some reason, when I add EXACTLY 5 songs, I can make Muvaudio record with all 5 VACs. But if I add more than 5 songs ... say an entire CD of around 11 songs or so ... Muvaudio even SET to use 5 VACs ... only uses 4 for some reason.

I'm not sure what the reason for this ... and I've even tried setting up the VAC control panel to have 7 VACs total ... and it still won't fix this problem.

Also, my system specs are P4 3.0ghz (800mhz FSB) with Hyper-threading and 1.5GB of ram. Also, Muvaudio is updated to the latest 1.4 and VAC is updated to 3.12 (the latest as well). CPU usage is practically nill when it's running ... and each copy (VAC) for Muvaudio only takes around 30-35 megs a piece (PLENTY of free RAM).

Any ideas on how to correct this problem? I mean Muvaudio is WONDERFUL right now ... but if I could decrease my conversion time for 10-12 songs from 15 minutes to about 10-11, it would be EVEN better.

Also let me know if you need additional info about the setup.

Post subject: UPDATE
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:09 am 

Okay UPDATE:

I just tried adding around two albums worth (23 songs) ... and it actually tried to use 5 VACs this time ... but not the way you would think. And this may be part of the problem ... it's incorrectly 'evening' up the VACs recording time as such:

VAC1: 4 songs - 21m 29s
VAC2: 5 songs - 23m 47s
VAC3: 5 songs - 20m 8s
VAC4: 6 songs - 19m 47s
VAC5: 3 songs - 10m 22s

Could it be that it's miscalculating when it's 'dividing' up the songs to the different VACs ... because obviously VAC5 should have at least 1 or 2 more songs to 'even the load' on the other VACs? Maybe this same calculation is why 10-12 songs seems to only be using 4 VACs when I specify 5?

Also, somewhat of a sidenote: I've NEVER had a problem with Muvaudio crashing ... but it seemed to take down VAC1 this time and crash it ... but I was also trying to post this reply on the forums. However, the system (again 3.0ghz w/1.5GB of ram) didn't seemed to be taxed at all.

I'm willing to try anything else .. just tell me what.

Thanks,

Dabos

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » MuvAudio [Archived] » Support [Archived]