MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio3 » Support

Post subject: skips, glitches. muvaudio2 vs muvaudio3.
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:05 pm 

I swore by muvaudio2. I never had a problem with the quality of the converted files.

Recently I upgraded to windows 7 and also to muvaudi3, and thats when the quality of file output changed. I now get glitches (jumps, skips) on my converted files.

The recommended recording slot number for my computer is 5. I since tried reducing that to 4 and I still get slight jumps. For me, less than 4 slots is really not worth using this software, since I constantly convert files.

Secondly, wheres the option of not having muvaudio3 add the artwork automaticaly. Id rather choose the artwork from my own source.

Can anyone tell me whats going on, and how i can fix or improve the quality? I have already tried using a smaller bit rate. Id rather have muvaudio2 working on windows 7.

Post subject: Re: skips, glitches. muvaudio2 vs muvaudio3.
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:19 pm 

I've had a similar situation.

MuvAudio2 was perfect for me. Now with version 3, I get skips in my converted files. The recommended conversion rate for Muvaudio3 said 9 files at a time but I found if I go down to 5 files at a time, there are no more skips. On the Muvaudio 2, recommended was 7 files at a time, and I used that setting with perfect results before.

Not sure how to resolve this for Muvaudio 3 with exception of lowering the conversion rate to below what I used to have on Muvaudio 2. I've had the same computer setup on Muvaudio 2 and 3 with Windows XP.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:03 pm 

Yeah. Hopefuly someone from muvenum can expalin or offer some suggestions.

I read some of the frequently asked questions regarding similiar issues. One of the suggestions was to make sure any enhancements on your sound manager (usualy designated by a speaker icon) were turned off. I have dolby on mine so i turned that off just in case. The second suggestion was that in certain instances, windows explorer can cause a high surge of cpu usage, in turn leaving less resource power to muvaudio3. Just in case, Im going to make sure windows explorer is not active when converting.

Im going to try both of these suggestions and see if I can isolate the problem and Ill post about the results.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:29 am 

At first I had problems. So I shut down all uneeded Processes. I ran Ccleaner and Defragged my computer. I then re-assesed my system rating and now I got a score of 1593. I'm running Windows XP SP3 - Intel Core2 Quadcore/2.66GHz with 3.25GB of ram. It recommended 26 tracks at a time. My only problem is some of the tracks are missing the begginings. Like it's starting to record late or something. I even brought it down to only do 20 tracks at a time but I still have the same problem. I will say though that some tracks (not very many) do have skips and glitches. So now I locked my soundcards Sample rate. So far i haven't seen any problems as of yet other than tracks begginings being cut off.

Also I tried the playback speed thing. I set it to 200% to try it out. Now my question is ........Are the tracks suppose to play that fast after it has recorded it.....or am I missing something. Because if that's what it is for.......then what is the reason for it? Who wants to listen to a song being played fast? I was hoping it was for recording the songs faster. If MUVAudio will be coming out with a v4. I feel you should implement this functionality into the program. Because in the programs such as Nuendo, Cakewalk etc. etc. They all have this ability to transcode a full song in seconds. No matter the format, bit rate or sample rate. And with no glitches, skips or cut offs. This is just a suggestion.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:10 pm 

An Update after really working with the program.........

okay......After a little while with Version 3.........I have all the problems as everyone here has stated concerning glitches, skips, recordings being cut off, etc. etc.

I still have the MUVAudio v2. So I'm going to reinstall that one. You guys really need to get v3 fixed. I've done everything I know to do to fix my problems. But as I do so more problems arise. I've had to reinstall v3 three times now. Because the virtual cables start screwing up on thier own. I start hearing many songs all at once through my speakers. And it does it all on it's own.

I have a question..........Why does MUVaudio v3 need the .net framework? I own Nuendo 3 and the mercury bundle from Waves Audio. And None of which uses the .net framework. My sound card is a outboard Delta1010. If that helps you any. I've locked my sample rate and have already tweaked my PC for audio. There is nothing else I can do. MUV v3 already says I can record 26 songs at a time. I feel the problem/problems is on your end. Cause i've even tried recording with 10 songs at a time.........Just like I had it setup with MUV v2.

Please respond to let me know the problems are being addressed.

Thanks,

A faithfull MUV supporter

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

@all: We have had a few people report these issues and they seem to stem from certain differences on the customers computers. To help troubleshoot the different issues mentioned, please try the following and reply back to this thread with your results:

When posting a reply, please include your settings from the Options -> Convert To tab, your "Sytem Info" from the Options -> Troubleshooting tab as well as your "System Rating" and "Recommended real-time conversion speed". Also, please "Enable logging for support purposes" on the Options -> Troubleshooting tab.
--------------------

Q: I'm getting skips.

First, find the highest speed that you can convert without skips while not using your computer.

If the number is much lower than MuvAudio v2 and you are using the same Operating System you can try decreasing the maximum number of cables created by MuvEnum Virtual Cable by doing the following (this will disable the ability to convert Audible files in v3.0.1.2 and older):

Navigate to the MuvAudio 3 installation directory, "C:\Program Files\MuvAudio3\", then run vacjrmcp.exe as an administrator (Vista/7, right-click and "Run as administrator").
Under "Driver parameters", change "Cables" to the number of cables you want created and then click "Set" and then "Exit". Remember then that you can only set the conversion speed to the maximum number of cables you just set. At this point, we recommend restarting your computer and then try finding the new speed that you can convert at without skips. If the maximum converions speed without skips increases please let us know so that we can automate this in the software.

---------------------

Q: My audio files are missing the first few seconds of each track.

Some users have reported this issue and we are trying to determine the cause but we need more information.

To provide us with this information we need you to do the following:

1. Start the software.
2. Click on "Options".
3. Click on the "Troubleshooting" tab.
4. Check the "Enable logging for support purposes" checkbox.
5. Click "Save", then exit and restart the software.
6. Try to convert the file(s) that are causing the error.
7. Go back to the "Troubleshooting" tab.
8. Click the folder icon near the bottom left.
9. Then zip (select all folders, right-click, click "Send To", then click "Compressed (zipped) folder") and attach the logs in a reply to this email so I can take a look at the information provided.

--------------------

With your help, we'll continue working to improve MuvAudio v3. If we missed any questions, please let us know. Hopefully this should get you started in the right direction and once we receive the necessary information we'll be better able to look into the issues and resolve them.

--------------------

@musician: Regarding the speeds, did you upgrade from Vista or XP? Based on your recommended speeds, if you are converting a lot of files we'd recommend upgrading your processor as doing that will increase the recommended speed and allow you to do more conversions. For the artwork, MuvAudio no longer searches for new artwork, it only brings the artwork already in the original file over into the newly converted file so we removed the option. It can still be replaced using your own artwork using MuvUnder Cover or another program of your choice.

@Hurricane987: Please read the section @all for instructions on helping resolve your issue.

@cipher8
: Please read the section @all for instructions on helping resolve your issue. For the playback setting, it is meant as a way to increase the playback speed of the file. It mostly used for audiobooks and lectures. Regarding the other software to speed up and then slow down the audio, we have yet to come up with a way to do this without comprising the quality of the audio, however, this is only on files that have to be converted by playing and recording them. Files that don't require this transcode straight across in a lot less time.

Thank you,

Resources: Manuals, FAQs, Forums, Blog

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:58 pm 

Hello John.

I switched from Windows Vista (64 bit) to Windows 7 (64 bit) using a clean install (wiped out the hard drive and reformatted, not an upgrade).

Windows 7 works so much faster and better than Vista. Windows XP is in my opinion still a superior operating system to both.

My processor is an intel core 2 Solo SU3500 @ 1.4 GHZ.
I have 4GB of DDR3 memory.

I recognize that a Core 2 DUO or even better a Core i7 processor is the way to go, however my current configuration can handle processor intensive programs such as Serato's Scratch Live DJ program, reading music files off an external drive, without a problem whatsoever. I even have no problem watching HD video streaming.

I can try your suggestion about deleting virtual cables. How many should I delete if even at 2 slots without any other programs running im getting glitches?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

Start with only having 2 enabled to see if it resolves the issue and then work your way up from there.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:01 am 

I have a Q8200 2.33Gb with 4MB Ram running on XP SP3, I installed Muv3 and ran benchmark which advised a recording speed of 24.

Test 1 = record speed of 20
Result = lots of skipping, scratching and pops in the output files also screen seems to freeze at times during the record process

Test 2 = record speed of 10
Result = same as test 1 but this time no screen freezes

Test 3 = record speed of 5
Result = same as Test 2

At this point I decided to read the forum and found this post

Changed the max number of virtual cables to 10

Test 4 = Record speed of 8
Result = all files recorded fine, just about to try record speed of 10.

I guess there must be a relationship to the number of virtual cables resident on the machine even if they are not being used.

Hope this helps other users.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:49 pm 

The maximum number of cables also causes an error with the Realtek audio driver, even if you carry out the driver upgrade as described in the other posts relating to this. Not sure at what level the error clears but it was evident at 29 cables and not at 15.

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:38 pm 

Good evening John, i used Muvaudio v.2 many years without a single problem but i had to upgrade to v.3 when i got a Windows 7 configuration (with MA 2 all converted tracks were silent).
I read carefully FAQ and the forum and made v.3 function ok making those adjustments (maybe it can help some people having problems).
My laptop runs Windows 7 (32 bits), a I5 /2,27Ghz processor, a Realtek sound chip and 3G ram.
The auto configuration told i could run 18 simultanate slots. But i want to avoid any
problem with output files, speed is not my priority.
So i reduced the total available virtual cables to ten following your advised method and convert 7 files at the time => perfect result ! Hope it can help someone.

I have one question : i want to avoid any skips or other defects in the output files, i read in other sofware's forums that it often happens when the copy is made accelerating the song speed. So i would like to keep on like Muvaudio 2 did that's to say convert multiple files reading them at the normal speed.
I'm a little confused about Muvaudio 3 options and i would like John to give me some precisions:

"OPTIONS"/"CONVERT TO"/"AUDIO PLAYBACK RATE OF EACH OUTPUT FILE" :
=>do i have to tick the case at 100% in order to be sure that each input
file will be read at the normal speed ?

"OPTIONS"/"TROUBLESHOOTING"/"SYSTEM RATING"/"ACTUAL CONVERSION
SPEED"
=>does it only involve the number of simultaneous conversions or also
the speed of reading input files ?

Thanks for your time and excuse my approximative English.
Bye.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

Ice Tea wrote:
I'm a little confused about Muvaudio 3 options and i would like John to give me some precisions:

"OPTIONS"/"CONVERT TO"/"AUDIO PLAYBACK RATE OF EACH OUTPUT FILE" :
=>do i have to tick the case at 100% in order to be sure that each input
file will be read at the normal speed ?

"OPTIONS"/"TROUBLESHOOTING"/"SYSTEM RATING"/"ACTUAL CONVERSION
SPEED"
=>does it only involve the number of simultaneous conversions or also
the speed of reading input files ?

Thanks for your time and excuse my approximative English.
Bye.

You can leave the 100% unchecked as that only modifies that actual playback speed, for example, recording a lecture at 150% so you can listen to it quicker in the resulting file.

The second question only applies to the number of simultaneous conversions.

Board index » MuvAudio3 » Support