MuvEnum Forums

Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MuvAudio3 » Support

Post subject: mp3 conversion not working
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:57 pm 

I have the trial of MuvAudio, V3.3.0.0 running under 64 bit Windows 7. The main interest, probably the only interest, is in converting Audible audiobooks, format .aa, to mp3 so that other family members can also listen on their own mp3 players. The LAME encoder was copied to the MuvAudio folder as instructed.

Converting to mp3 produces one minute of loud noise. Trying the same process on some music tracks from CD produce no sound. Examination of the output files shows they both have the same broadband frequency spectrum. Those from the .aa files art at 0dB, those from the CD tracks are at -96dB.

The .aa files are successfully converted to FLAC and .wav, although these formats are not likely to be useful in practice as each input .aa files is generally 7 to 9+ hours duration in length.

Also, converting the .aa files only proceeded at the rate of 1X, i.e. real time, which is a major disadvantage since the two books I was using in the tests are 30 and 40 hours of audio, which is not extremely unusual. This slow rate was independent of output format. The CD tracks, output to mp3 and flac, went faster.

Board index » MuvAudio3 » Support